Lyn B. Schoenfeld, Esquire
Ms. Schoenfeld is of counsel in the Media law firm of Schoenfeld, Surkin, Chupein & DeMis, P.C., where she concentrates her practice in all areas of family law, including:
- Custody & Visitation
- Property Division
- Alimony & Support
Ms. Schoenfeld was 2013 President of the Delaware County Bar Assocition and continues to serve in the Association. She is past chair of the Delaware County Bar Association’s Family Law Section and is a recipient of the Eric D. Turner award for contributions to the Family Law Section of the Bar Association. Ms. Schoenfeld is a Zone 9 Delegate to the Pennsylvania Bar Association. She received the Pennsylvania Bar’s Pro Bono award in 2012.
In 2010, the judges and lawyers of Delaware County awarded Ms. Schoenfeld the E. Wallace Chadwick Memorial Award in recognition of her long and esteemed service to the legal profession. She is honored to have been chosen by the judges of the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas to sit as a judge pro tem to assist the Delaware County Family Law Section.
Ms. Schoenfeld serves on the Board of Legal Aid of Southeast Pennsylvania (LASP) and the Delaware County Domestic Abuse Project.
Ms. Schoenfeld is a magna cum laude graduate of Bryn Mawr College with degrees in English and History. She received her J.D. and LL.M. in Taxation from the Villanova University School of Law.
Ms. Schoenfeld has been consistently selected by her peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® and is rated AV Preeminent for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability by Martindale-Hubbell®.
B. Schoenfeld, Esquire
25 West Second Street
P.O. Box 900
Media, Pennsylvania 19063
Lyn concentrates her practice in matrimonial law, which includes divorce, custody, support and property distribution.
Lyn is a graduate of Villanova Law School (J.D.; LL.M. in Taxation). Lyn took her undergraduate degree from Bryn Mawr College magna cum laude, with departmental honors in both English and History.
Honors and Awards:
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® (2006 – present)
- 2009 E. Wallace Chadwick Memorial Award recognizing service to the legal profession and in furtherance of intra professional development, communication and education.
- 2010 Delaware County Bar Association Family Law Section Eric D. Turner Award for substantial contribution to improving the practice, elevating standards in the field of matrimonial law.
- 2009 Women’s Resource Center Volunteer of the Year.
Professional Association and Membership:
- 2014-Present, Zone 9 Delegate, Pennsylvania Bar Assocation
- 2014-Present, Board of Directors, Legal Assistance of Southeastern PA (LASP)
- Past President, Delaware County Bar Association
- Past Chair, Delaware County Family Law Section (officer positions 2005-2018)
- 2009 – 2015, Member of Delaware County Bar Association Board of Directors
- 2006 – present, included as a Super Lawyer® in Philadelphia and Super Lawyers Magazines
- 2015-Present, Board of Directors, Delaware County Domestic Abuse Project
- Past, Member of Board of Directors, Gladwyne Montessori School
- 1990 – Present, Volunteer Affiliate, Women’s Resource Center